October 2017

October 2017

1. The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls (288 pages)
    • Rating ★★★★★
  1. The Silver Star – Jeannette Walls (267 pages)
    • Rating ★★★★
  1. The Swallows of Kabul – Yasmina Kadra (195 pages)
    • Rating ★★★★
  • Total Number of Pages Read: 750
  • Pages Per Day: 25

Related image     Image result for glass castle a memoir     

This month, I finished three books but my goal from last month was to read at least four books so I was pretty close to my goal. October was a very busy month as well, managing three core classes and having to study for a test/quiz every single week for these cores. And sometimes, life gets in the way of taking out time to read, but I tried reading daily whenever I got the time.

I achieved my goal by reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and honestly, I really loved this book. The adventures of Jeannette and her family, and the fact that this was a memoir really kept be engaged. There was not a single moment in the entire book where I got bored and felt like the book was a waste of time. I kept reading and reading, and I finished this book in less than a week because I was so into it.  As well, I read another book by Jeannette Walls, The Silver Star. Honestly speaking, I enjoyed The Glass Castle a bit more maybe because it was a memoir but I was not disappointed with how the book turned out to be. At times while reading, I did zone out but overall, I enjoyed reading The Silver Star, which revolves around the lives of two sisters.

Now, about The Swallows of Kabul: this book was written so beautifully, every detail outlined the lives of the citizens living in Afghanistan, mainly the two couples that this story revolves around. This is my second book about Afghanistan that I have read and I am quite intrigued by it; this was worth a read for sure.  I am quite happy about my reading this month; 25 pages per day is an improvement from last month.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Glass Castle so that was my favorite read of the month, followed by The Swallows of Kabul. For next month, I will try to manage my time more wisely, trying to fit in more time to read. As fall break is coming up, I most likely will have quite a bit of time to read. Hopefully, I am able to read at least three books, with at least one longer book compared to the ones I have read before and at least trying to make one of those books something challenging.