LETTER TO FUTURE SELF

Dear Future Self,

Every moment, every decision you made, every step you took, has brought you to the point where you are now. You never thought you would end up getting into university, but look, you made it right? And now your actual journey has started. Here are a few things I have to say to you to guide you through the future:

Life isn’t fair at all and you have realized that throughout your years of high school. You can’t really change things that are meant to be, but you can change how you feel about them, and you choose whether or not you want to be controlled by them. No matter how much you or I try to change things, some things stay the same way because that is how it’s supposed to be.

Life does get hard, and at times, you can face difficulties in deciding what path to take but I want you to stay strong, and never think about giving up. I have been close to giving up at many moments of my life, where I have felt down, but I chose to continue going. Not only for myself, but for my family and my friends, and most importantly for the ones who thought I was weak. With every tough situation, you are going to grow stronger, and there will be people, who truly care for you, and who will support you no matter what. Every time you fall down, you will rise up stronger each and every time. I believe in you and I know you will be able to handle anything that life throws at you.

Mistakes are a part of life, and you will make many of them. And without making mistakes, you won’t grow. Sometimes, these mistakes will make you angry, and you might feel worthless.

People will judge you and try to put you down, but you need to get past all this and focus on yourself. You need to be happy for yourself only. Don’t try to put others before yourself; I have been doing that and I still continue doing that which is why I get hurt so much. People might think you’re selfish for only thinking about yourself, but they need to realize that it is totally fine to place yourself first sometimes. You’re sensitive and things will hit you more than they actually should, and it’s okay. As long as you know how to get back up, and do what is best for yourself.

Always keep your friends close to you, who have supported you through your journey. I had a few angels in my life, my friends who have become my second family. These people in your life are going to be the ones to bring you out of the darkness. Just remember that these are the people who will always be here for you. And those who hurt you, just leave them behind. You don’t need any negativity in your life and you are in control of who to keep and who to leave. I want you to be brave enough to stand up for yourself and try to protect yourself because no one else is going to do it.

I believe in you, and so do all those human beings in your life. But if you don’t believe in yourself, it is honestly not worth anything. You’re going to be stressed out, and sometimes, it will get difficult for you to handle your stress. There is going to be university stress, family stress, and etc.  But remember that stress is temporary. The more you stress out, the more your health is going to be affected. Most important thing is taking care of yourself first, and then start worrying about other things. In the end, everything will be okay, and that is only possible if you believe in yourself. If you ever need help or anything, find a few people who you can trust, and just open up to and let it all out. You will feel great. Always keep calm, and remember to breathe and let it all out.

It will all work out in the end!!!

Love,

Your past self

Image